Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Picking a Book is Hard to Do!

Okay, so I just have to put up my disclaimer before I reveal by book choice for May. It has been quite a chore for me to pick a book as I'm really not a big time reader (thus my reason for joining the book club). I went thru a lot of choices--ones I had heard about, bestsellers, amazon recommendations, etc. I thought I had a book picked out, but I just kept 'wondering' about it. I'm always leery of most of the world's "choices" as they are filled with garbage that I don't care to read. If only books came with ratings, like movies, I could judge them with a little more insight. But, not so... So, I read thru LOTS of book descriptions and readers reviews and still was having a hard time. I told a few people of my dilemma and got some great book ideas from them (Finally some opinions I can trust.) So, in my next post I will reveal my May selection... Hint: Its from a well known author, who also wrote a very well know children's book.

By the way--How far are you with April's book--"A girl named Zippy?" I'm ready to talk!!

3 comments:

Annette said...

Can't wait to see what you've picked. I'm loving Zippy but for some reason I haven't been in much of a reading mood lately which is very odd for me! I need to get going though. I have my favorite paragraphs in the book so far that still make me laugh!

Annette said...

So when do we find out?! I'm guessing C.S. Lewis.

JoandDoug said...

Have we talked about "It Takes a Mother" yet? I loved that one and thought it had some great things and some good advice. After reading that one I also read "Take Two Chocolates and Call Me in the Morning". I thought that one was great as well. Just curious if anyone else wants to discuss the mother book as well.