Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Thoughts on Marley

I'm assuming everyone has finished the book so I thought I'd get the ball rolling on everyone's thoughts. When I first heard about the book I immediately thought about the movie and I was a little hesitant because it wasn't a movie I was too interested in seeing. I then remembered seeing Grogan on the Today Show a few years ago and liking his story and was interested in reading the book. After remembering that I was excited to read the book and had a hard time putting it down whenever I picked it up. At first I wasn't sure I'd like it because I'm not too much of a dog person but I realized in the end that it wasn't really a book about his dog. Instead he used his dog to tell his memoirs. I love reading memoirs and so I loved this book. I loved how he made Marley into a person too. It was fun when he would speak for Marley and how he showed Marley's personality throughout the book. One part I really liked was at the end of the book where he made a list of things that Marley taught him. I can't remember the specifics (and I don't have the book anymore) but I know it was a good list. It was fun to watch Marley grow with the family and to see what they were all learning and growing through together. I think that Grogan and his wife matured along with Marley. They all started out young and carefree and grew older and wiser together through different life experiences. So there's my jumbled thoughts. What did you think?

No comments: