Monday, March 23, 2009

Mayflower Review

This is slow in coming, but I wanted to post how much I enjoyed this book. I love history books which is why I majored (although I graduated yet) in history. I havent studied early American history for so long, but I thought this book did a good job of telling the story of what happened to those early settlers. I particularly enjoyed learning a little more about Squanto's role and life story. Im sure glad I was born now when I dont have to struggle to grow all my own crops, or worry about getting the wall around the fort done before the next feared Indian attack! But I am glad for their sacrifice and contributions to this country. The reason why I love to study history is because it gives so much insight into why a group of people are the way they are. Studying the pilgrims gave a lot of insight into why our culture is the way it is today.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I am slooowwly finishing this book, but still not done yet.